Monday, November 26, 2007

Shopping, Shopping, and More Shopping





Since Nana has been here, we have done a ton of shopping. For those of you that know me, you know that I hate to shop. Yes, I'm one of the few women that does not enjoy shopping. But it has been nice to visit the markets, and local shops to get some things to take home. I have bought some things for Sean and Isabella and a couple things for me. It has been nice having my Mom here and we have been able get out the last couple days and help the time pass here. In fact, tomorrow, we will be going out to breakfast with one of the other mothers. She invited us to go to a tea shop for breakfast with her tomorrow. She said it is a great place and they have some wonderful teas, coffees and things to eat for breakfast. So, we're excited about doing that with her. After that, later in the afternoon, we are going to go out shopping again.

As you can see from a few of the pictures, Isabella is doing great. She is growing everyday, and eating very well. I have noticed that her cute little cheeks are even more full than when we first got her. But that is a good thing-- they are even better to kiss all over now. :)

The other two pictures are on here as a request from Gary. He thought you all would like to see it. It is a fruit that we have eaten here several times. Needless to say, it is a little "different" looking, and you have to get past the looks of it, to give it a taste. It is actually very good, and even picky eater, Sean, had some and enjoyed it. The fruit is called a GRANADILLA. If you're curious about it, here is a link that has some info on it: http://www.exoticlandfruits.com/granadilla.htm

Well, Isabella is already asleep, and I'm ready to turn in too.

Love you all. Buenas Noches from Colombia.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I seriously thought you were showing the "fruit" you got that was spoiled! I'm shocked that Sean ate it! Glad you are having fun shopping. I'm sure it's more enjoyable than the American mall. Well that's what I'm off to do as well. Take care and give Izzie hugs for us.
K

Anonymous said...

I am not sure you could pay me to eat that "fruit". Are you supposed to eat the stuff that you have on the spoon? Guess I would never make it on Fear Factor or Survivor. Anyway, Izzie looks so happy and alert. We all send our love.

Anonymous said...

Nana, thank you for giving Izzie kissy, kissy for me. Sean actually let me play hugs and kisses with him last nite; still doesn't want to give kissys goodnite. Of course if he does that he'll be accepting that he's going to bed! ugh! He's been an angel for me even going down for naps without any problem. Hope y'all get back home soon; Sean misses Mommy. Daddy's doing a great job with him though.
Love ya, Van

Anonymous said...

You paid for that?

Roberta said...

How wonderful to hear and see the good news. Isabella is a beauty and you guys are truly blessed. What a wonderful Thanksgiving for all. Thanks Cuz for sharing this amazing journey, especially to see Gary, Sean, Deborah and Isabella all together - and now you Nana. God Bless you all. Hope all goes smoothly and you get home soon.

Love from all the Carvers and Dahlings.

Roberta

Anonymous said...

Finally, I've taken time to see ALL the pics of Isabella and they are just too cute for words. I can't wait to get my hands on that girl and kissy all over her face! Love, Aunt Ginner

Tim and Amberly said...

We had a different name for that particular fruit. I probably shouldn't share the name here but let's just say it referred to the appearance and consistency of the fruit! It actually was really sweet and tasty even though it looked so gross. We are praying that have a quick return home. Keep those beautiful pictures coming.