Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!




Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We hope each of you had a special day with family and friends. Although, we are not home to celebrate Thanksgiving with our family and friends, it is still a very special day. We have so much to be thankful for this year. Since so many families are here in the hotel this year and not at home, we decided to create the best Thanksgiving we could have here. The staff was fantastic, and was already planning to make a meal for us. However, several of the families decided to jump in the kitchen and make some of their family favorites. We had a Colombian style turkey/ham, which I didn't care for too much. It was definitely different, and it had hard boiled eggs in it and raisins. I tried to get a picture of it, but my camera died. (And yes, Gary asked me, "didn't you charge it?") No, I didn't charge it. I'm having too much fun taking pictures that I completely forgot! :) See, this is why I need Gary around. But someone else took a picture of the meat, and I will post it on here as soon as I get it. But I did get shots of the other items. We had stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet apples, congri (black beans and rice), Colombian salad, and several pies. So, considering we weren't at home, the food was great! Also, in the pictures, you can see the main cook here, Juanita, and one of the other ladies. Normally, they are dressed in uniform, but I think since it was an American holiday, they decided to dress down and have fun with us! :)

Isabella also had a nice first Thanksgiving. She even wore a Thanksgiving outfit, that says "My First Thanksgiving". She received many compliments on it. It is actually a special outfit because our friends gave us this outfit, as a hand-me-down from their daughter who was adopted from Colombia. Thank you Santos family!!!! And Isabella sends a special thank you to Olivia!! She said she loved wearing her outfit!

Well, it has been a long day over here. It was definitely hard to be away from my family, but Isabella and I did fine and we had fun with our friends at the hotel. We hope each of you had a wonderful day!

Happy Thanksgiving again, and know that our family is so very thankful to have all of you in our lives.

Buenas Noches from Colombia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with the staff and your new friends at Hotel Paris.You were missed at our table. You and your daughter were blessed at the table.
I can't wait to meet Isabella and give you a real hug. I'm bringing hugs from your father as well.
See you tomorrow.

tinanquinn said...

Isabella is so cute! She always looks so happy in her pictures. That smile must just melt mommy's heart. It's really nice seeing you looking so happy too Deborah. It's obvious how much you love your little girl.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to see you had a nice Thanksgiving even if you are not at home. Give Isabella a hug and kiss from all her cousins.