Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Can you smell the fresh bread?





Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Blogger would not let me post my pictures for some reason, so I decided to wait until today. So, if I'm organized enough, you might actually get two posts today, instead of one. :)

Yesterday, we went out for a walk with several of the families. We walked to a place called Pan Pay Ya! It is a little bakery that sells breads, pastries and some breakfast and lunch items. And boy was it worth the walk. The aroma that was coming out of the store was absolutely amazing! The bread smelled so fresh, that I honestly had the hardest time deciding what to get. So, finally another mother and I decided to split two items: a croissant with cheese, and then the best one... a croissant with chocolate inside! Oh my gosh, it was so good. I definitely think this is a place Isabella and I will have to bring Nana to.

In addition to the place being a bakery, they have a pretty big play area for the kids along with a ball pit. So, some of the kids played in that while the parent's were enjoying their snacks and coffee. It's such a shame that Sean wasn't still here, as I know he would have loved the play area and the ball pit. He played in one when he was here earlier at an ice-cream shop. But this one was bigger. As you can see from the photo, the kids really enjoyed it.

Well, later today there is going to be a party here. One of the little girls that has been adopted by an American couple, is having her 1st birthday party today. They are going to have cake and a pinata! It should be a lot of fun. I'm just sorry Sean isn't here to see the pinata, as I know he has not seen one before. Hmmm, maybe that's an idea for one of the combination parties that Sean and Isabella will have. :) For those of you that don't know, Sean and Isabella's birthdays are just one day apart. So, I need to start thinking of some great party ideas for them. :)

I'm sure all of you are getting ready for Thanksgiving. So, I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday. They obviously, don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Colombia, but we are going to do our best to create it here in our hotel. There are several American families here, so we are all chipping in to make certain Thanksgiving items - to make it feel more like home. It should be a lot of fun.

Well, it's almost lunchtime, so we need to go. I'll try to post again later tonight.

Love you all.
Adios from Colombia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicholas said he couldn't smell the bread! I told him I would first smell the bread and then eat some for him when I was down there with you and Isabella. Guess the walking to and from the bakery will help with the calorie intake!!!!
Enjoy the party and collect good ideas for birthdays for your children.