Sunday, December 9, 2007

Street Performers and More Shopping





Another Sunday, and another trip to the local market & crafts fair at one of the nearby hotels. As usual, we had a good time there today. I took a picture of the hotel where we go every Sunday. The market/fair is in the courtyard of this hotel. Like I've said before, they have many things there to buy, from artwork, crafts, purses, clothing, jewlery, and much more. Also, while we were walking back today, we saw a street performer and I just had to take a picture. There are many street performers in Colombia and we see them many times at the major intersections.

After we went shopping today, we took it easy in the hotel for the rest of the afternoon. There was a thunderstorm, so we just decided to stay in. Then later in the afternoon we had a man come to the hotel that was selling emeralds. He had come earlier in the week and said he'd be back today to bring us some more things to look at. He had a lot of nice things, but my Mom and I didn't buy anything for ourselves. We didn't see anything that we absolutely loved. However, Isabella made out pretty well. I bought her a pair of emerald earrings. I always said that when we were adopting, that if we got a girl, I would want to buy her some earrings from Colombia. They are a tiny little pair that will look so cute on her.

Last but not least, I had to add some pictures of Isabella. She was playing with one of her toys and I just thought it was so cute.... especially the last picture when the toy covered half of her face. She looked so cute trying to figure out what had happened.

Well, that's it for today. We hope all of you had a nice weekend. Tomorrow the courts open again for the week, so if we're lucky, we'll hear some good news this week. We're thinking positive.

Love to you all.
Buenas Noches from Colombia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Wow, are you ever doing a lot of shopping! I think I need to go back just to check out some of the shopping excursions you have been on. I am sooo happy to hear you are in the final 10 days. Hopefully you will hear something soon. You seem to have a very positive attitude and that helps. I know you will be home for Christmas. I loved the picture of you and Izzie at your birthday party in front of your cakes. You guys look so bonded and again, she is simply beautiful. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Janna

Sophia said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe how big Isabella is getting, she is so expressive! It is so great to read your blog from beginning to end and see how much Izzy has changed in the past few weeks..I can't wait to meet her in person.
Patricia (sophia & oliver)