Saturday, December 1, 2007

Four-Months-Old Today!






Isabella is four-months-old today! Wow! It's hard to believe that in just five more days, it will have been a month since we have had Isabella in our arms. She is truly a blessing and we are so thankful to have her in our lives.

Isabella had a fun day today with Mommy and Nana. We went out with some of our friends for lunch. We went to a place called Crepes & Waffles. We went there two years ago, but I don't remember it being anything special. It may have just been what I ordered. But everyone talks about this place and how fantastic it is, so we decided to check it out today. Last time we went to the location in the mall (Unicentro), but this time we decided to walk to another one. And boy was it worth the walk! You know how I took a picture of the wall at the burger place? Well, I had to take a picture of the wall at this place too. You'll see it above. And this picture does not do it any justice. This place had the most amazing desserts that I have ever seen. (And this comes from someone who doesn't really like desserts/sweets.) Wow! To give you an idea, I took a picture of what I ordered for dessert and what Nana got for dessert. Mine is the one with all the chocolate. It was swirled on top of some mini-waffles - that were the lightest waffles I had ever had. On top of that, the lunch was to die for too. Oh my gosh! I had a mushroom, cheese and artichoke crepe with a cream of mushroom wine sauce. It was absolutely amazing! Nana and my friend had something similar and said it was fantastic. They had a spinach, cheese and mushroom crepe - with the same type of sauce. Wow! If I would have known this place was as good as everyone kept saying, I would have gone weeks ago. I'm just sorry that we didn't go when Gary was here. But don't worry Gary, I ate plenty for you too! :)

On our way to lunch, we passed the cutest trees that were decorated up for the holidays. So, we had to stop and get pictures of the kids by them. We tried to get both trees in the shot, plus getting all the kids in there too. Unfortunately, we couldn't get close-ups of the kids and the trees, but hopefully you can see it good enough. I also had to get a shot of Isabella and her boys. The two boys are Nathan and Joseph. They are cutest boys and we have gotten to be friends with their parents. This couple adopted Nathan last year and came back this year to adopt Joseph. They are so much fun, and it has been great spending some time with them. Sean also had a good time playing with Nathan (the older one) when he was in Colombia.

Well, Nana and Isabella are napping now. They had to get their rest after our huge lunch. We were planning on getting pizza for dinner tonight, but we'll see if we can pull that off after the lunch we had. Either way, it was a good day. Tomorrow, we are heading out to the local market that we visit almost every Sunday. It is such a nice walk since the roads are closed, and we love to look at all of the booths at the market. After that, the weekend will be over, and hopefully we'll hear some news about our adoption on Monday. Please say some prayers that we hear some good new soon - that we got sentencia so we can come home. We miss everyone, and can't wait to see you!

Lots of love to all of you.
Buenas Tardes from Colombia


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah,

Your blog is starting to read like a travel guide to Bogota's hot spots! Maybe I'll start making a list of all these great places to visit when we are there...it sure looks like you are having fun and enjoying having your Mom there...although I bet you are getting a little home sick and missing your hubby and your little boy. Happy 4 month birthday to Isabella and "one month" anniversary coming up---you're in the home stretch now girl! Love, Jen

Tim and Amberly said...

Happy Birthday Izzie! Deb, you are writing some really great posts. It is making me a little homesick for Bogota! Crepes and Waffles is the best! They have the creamiest ice cream. And I am an expert when it comes to ice cream! So, have an extra cone for me.
Love,
Amberly