Monday, December 10, 2007

Expoartesanias 2007 - Corferias Bogota







Guess what we did today? We went shopping. Imagine that. :) Now, I know I have said this before, and by my recent blogs, you may not believe me. But I really don't like to shop. Just ask Gary - or anyone else that really knows me. So, I felt I needed to clarify in tonights post because many of you have been teasing me about all the shopping I have been doing. :) Yes, we have been out shopping quite a bit, but that is just because we are running out of things to do here. You either eat or shop. haha As you know, I went sight-seeing when Gary and Sean were here. But now we are just trying to keep ourselves busy during the week to help the days pass. So, we have been to many stores, shops and markets, but I am really not buying that much. After all, I need to be able to get all of these things home in my suitcases! Typically we are just going out for the day and walking around and I guess doing more "window-shopping" than anything else. So, to all of you know that I hate to shop...don't worry...I'm staying true to that! :) In fact, I told my Mom the other day that I didn't think I could do anymore shopping....but apparently that didn't last very long... as we did go out again today. But I guess the thing that is keeping me going is looking at all of the different things here in Colombia, and enjoying buying a few special things for Sean and Isabella from their birth country. So, on that note, let me tell you about the shopping we did today. haha


Today we went to "Coferias" in Bogota, and they were hosting "Expoartesanias 2007". If you are interested in seeing what it was like, here is the link to their English site: http://www.expoartesanias.com/en/index.cfm?lang=en I'm not sure how much you will be able to see from the site, but it was a very nice day trip. The Coferia was only 30 minutes from our hotel and we spent almost 3 hours there. It is similar to any Expo you have been to in the states, and a little like an indoor flea market, but much nicer. They had several buildings (about 8-9 of them) that were divided into categories (children's items, house decor, leathers, regional and international items, and of course plenty of food). We had a great time wandering around, and it was definitely worth wearing comfortable shoes. Mom picked up a couple things and I picked up some little things for the ladies that work here in the hotel. We had a nice time and it really helped the day pass.

We're not sure what we're doing tomorrow, but I think we are leaning towards going back to "Maku" which is a local artesan store with crafts made by Colombians. Pretty much everyone that stays at this hotel goes to this store at least once while they are here. This will be our second trip and we want to pick up last minute gifts. We want to make sure that once we get Sentencia, we can get out of here, and not have any last minute errands to run.

Well, that's it for us today. We hope you all had a nice day too.
Lots of love to each of you.

Buenas Noches from Colombia.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi Deborah! Just wanted to say hello. You, Isabella and your Mom look like you are enjoying your time there. Praying for a speedy sentencia still and thinking of you. Take care.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Hey Deborah,

Hang in there. We are all thinking of you and praying you will be home soon. I talked to Raul today and he said you are sure to be home for the holidays!!! He said Isabella is a petite little cutie pie and that she is the perfect fit for your family. Hopefully you will get some good news tomorrow.

Janna